BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All bookings are made with the European Kayak School (EWWS) represented by FREELIFE OUTDOORS SL, with office based on Indústria 14, 17190 Salt, Girona, Spain and it’s VAT number is ES B09884982.
2. We cannot guarantee a spot on any trip/camp up until we have received a deposit of 25% of the fee of the camp/trip you wish to take part on. Once we receive the deposit you will receive a confirmation of booking and access to the dedicated Trip Dashboard (EWWS Client Area) with all the important information regarding the trip.
3. The remaining 75% of the fee should reach the EWWS no later than 2 weeks (14 days) before the trip start date. If the balance has not been received by the due date the EWWS reserves the right to cancel your booking and your 25% will be lost.
4. Bookings may be accepted after the balance due date by paying the 100% of the fee in one single deposit.
5. Since September 2023 we only accept deposits paid in EUR via our online terminal. The final payment can be paid via a bank transfer in EUR or GBP. You will be provided with the bank details. An automatic invoice will be sent to your email after we receive the full payment for the camp.
6. The legal guardians hold full responsibility for providing the Trip Lider with all necessary personal data and health conditions of the participants.
7. All participants must attend the trip only with the full necessary equipment, pointed by the Trip Leader before the trip. EWWS does not take any responsibility for the faulty equipment used during the trips.
8. It must be realized that because of the nature of our sport and the changing conditions of practice, the planned itinerary may change as we cannot guarantee perfect conditions at all times. We are committed to paddle the best whitewater/spots available during all trips/camps and will make all efforts to offer the best kayaking experience we can.
9. Occasions may arise where we are forced to alter transport schedules or accommodation. We will inform you of such changes as soon as we can.
10. The EWWS cannot be held responsible in the event of difficulties incurred during the flights or transport to the meeting point. It cannot either be held responsible in the event of canceled flights or for any extra costs associated to delays, cancellations, delayed or lost baggage. The EWWS is under no obligation to make any refunds for any missed activities due to problems associated with transport to and from the camp/trip.
11. Accepting the booking terms & conditions means that you accept the Trip Leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the whole group or specific individuals. Trip Leaders may require an individual or individuals to leave the trip if they believe that their integrity is at risk, an illegal act is committed or the behavior has been detrimental to the safety and enjoyment of the group.
12. Leaving the trip at any stage, for any reason, will not entitle the client to any refund unless previously agreed with EWWS.
13. The EWWS reserves the right to cancel any trip/camp, which does not get enough bookings to make it financially viable. Any client booked onto a trip/camp that needs to be canceled is entitled to a full refund of the fee.
14. Trip sizes on the Camp/Trip brochures are target sizes and may be subject to changes.
15. The EWWS will not be responsible for any injury, loss of personal property or death sustained on our trips/camps.
16. The EWWS reserves the right to cancel your booking in case you fail to provide the forms and documentation needed to take part in one trip, especially when concerning under-aged participants. In case your booking is canceled for such a reason, the cancellation charges will apply.
17. The EWWS is under no obligation to take you on the river, if it is deemed unsafe for either/both yourself, the group or the Trip Leaders.
18. The EWWS will review the answers given on the booking form regarding your kayaking level & experience and reserves the right to reject bookings from paddlers that do not meet the requirements to take part in a given trip/camp.
19. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with the EWWS shall be subjected to Spanish Law.
20. When making your booking it is implied that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We are aware of our responsibility to protect your personal data. We act in accordance with the principles introduced by applicable legal regulations and the general principle on good faith in the processing of personal data.
We determine clearly and precisely its legitimate and lawful purpose for processing personal data and process personal data to the extent necessary and in connection with the products and services we offer.
We transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable laws and only when it is necessary. We take required technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data and also we ensure that Data Processors take administrative and technical measures regarding data security by signing non-disclosure agreements.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.europeanwhitewaterschool.com.
Comments and messages
When visitors leave comments or messages on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.